Thursday, August 7, 2008

La Vida de la Ciudad

I still haven't decided how I feel about city life. In some ways, I find living in Santiago energizing and fascinating. I love walking through my neighborhood and watching everyone go about their day. In my small district of the city, there is everything you could need and then some. On the other hand, it gets exhausting sometimes. The anything but courteous drivers, the pollution, the sketchy people one must be wary of. But all in all, I think that I could live in a city like this, as long as I had occasional breaks out in nature. I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to La Serena and the Valle de Elqui for this very reason.

I'm at the end of my first week of classes (sort-of, as ones in IES have not yet begun), and I'm looking forward to a break this weekend. I also really need to write a paper... anyway, I'm looking forward to the 3 week mark, and we'll see how things go as the routine sets in.

THANK YOU to Grandma Jean and Faith Ann who sent me mail!! It was super exciting and very appreciated. I love you both! Everyone else, take note! :)

Chau!

1 comment:

Pam Line said...

Hey Alyse! Just read your last two posts and you are doing great! I am so proud of you and can't wait to come see you in September. You will have some much to share with us. Take care of yourself and know we are praying for you!
love, mom and dad